Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Better late than never!


My first attempt at blogging. Better late than never. My daughter Regina introduced me into this and I think this is a good way to share my thoughts and let my friends be updated with what's going on with my life. I am very mobile and can only be reached most of the time through the internet and cellphone.


Just a week ago, I bought a Casio Digicam and tried it when I attended the 6th World Christian Gathering on Indigenous Peoples in Davao City. It was such an awesome experience -- like coming home! I will post some of the pictures and let you have a glimps of the marvelous event that have changed me and my spirituality.
This is a photo of Ray Minniecon an Aboriginal Christian from Australia and Kaluwa from Hawaii during the opening parade in the streets of Davao.


Monte Ohia, co-founder of the World Christian Gatheriing on Indigenous Peoples, marching along side another Maouri person. He taught us to sing and dance the Haka - a Mouri warrior dance and cry, this time redeemed and used for God's purpose.


Our lumad sisters in Mindanao showed the way to us lowlanders how it is to worship -- in the beauty of culture consistent to God's intention for all His peoples.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home